Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A New Leaf

So, today started with Nissa having a complete meltdown as she left for school begging to stay with mama. It was an all out scream feast in the car as Norby pulled away and it was all I could do to keep myself from running after them and letting her stay home but I didn't. Norby got her there and left her, tears and all, with the classroom assistant. Annie, on the other hand, was cool, calm, and collected until we walked in the front door of her first day of middle school. Then, for maybe five minutes, I saw Annie slightly shaky and remembered that underneath all her poise, she's still a regular person with fears like the rest of us. Later, when I asked her how long it took until she felt comfortable, she said, "oh, about by 4th period." In their bentos for tomorrow, I have wild rice hotdish with carrot and gjetost cheese leaves. The middle tier has roasted potatoes, mozzarella balls with a black tomato in Annie's and more carrot leaves. The top tier has kiwi slices and melon leaves adorned with mint leaves. In Nissa's, I snuck two california sushi roll slices too in hopes she'll have a better day. Oh and the fact that Norby's driving her there on the motorcycle just might help too!! Here's to continued excitement for Annie, who keeps asking, is it tomorrow yet?, and a return to excitement for nunu.

0 comments: