Sunday, September 9, 2012

Twin Bentos!

I'm not sure I've ever put the exact same food in both girls lunches before. I'm strangely excited about that. So these are pretty simple. The containers on the left have grape flowers and orange slice rows decorated with grass and picks. On the right are grass separated steamed dumplings with a tiny bottle of soy sauce and a mini animal spoon. In the inserted container is the last of the carrot purée from dinner. I sautéed up a big batch of carrots and onions then added about a quarter cup of water to the pan and simmered them for about 20 minutes. Then, I put them in the food processor with some penzeys seasoning salt, 3T butter, 3T brown sugar, and whirred it all together until smooth. We all... well not Oskar for some reason... loved it and the girls asked for it in their lunches. So there they are, matching lunches, twin bentos!

0 comments: