Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Piggies

My mom's favorite animal is a pig, or at least she said that once. I think there's something sort of Americana about them or else they make me wish I lived on a farm, with a Wilbur. I digress... In this bento there are olives, sugar snap peas, grape tomatoes and a couple of smoked gouda pigs with sesame seed eyes. The bottom tier has a pile of kamaboko (a pressed fish like imitation crab meat) with a couple more piggies on top. On one side are carrots adorned with oregano flowers and chives while the other side has dried figs (yeah, Annie loves them). Also, I snuck a packet of snacking seaweed in the cover for her. Finally, for the record, Annie loved the first day of school, can't wait for tomorrow but is even more excited for Thursday when Nissa starts.

0 comments: